Monthly Archives: July 2018
As is the custom of the people of Eagle Heights, we will have our quarterly Member’s Meeting on Sunday July 29th at 9:15 am in the worship center.
Our Member’s Meeting is a time to:
- celebrate the work of the Lord in our midst
- communicate what is coming up so we can do ministry together
- conduct business when necessary
- answer questions from the members of Eagle Heights and pray for those who are spiritually and physically sick
It is very important that every member of Eagle Heights make every effort to be there. If you can’t be there, please ask someone what was said and done.
By the way, if you have questions for the Elders or staff, please feel free to email them to me: email@example.com We always want to do our best to communicate with our faith family, and we sincerely want our brothers and sisters to ask any questions or express any concern as it relates to our trusting and obeying all that Christ commanded.
Here is a summary agenda for our time together at 9:15 am on the 29th of July.
(3 min) Welcome and Prayer (Pastor Brent)
- We gather in committed community to communicate and celebrate what God is doing because of what Christ alone has done. We do this for God’s glory together.
- I love this faith family and I love our commitment to biblical fidelity.
- A brief reminder of why it is important to participate in these meetings.
- We communicate the work of the church, celebrate what God is doing through the church and conduct business as necessary.
(3 min) Update from Notie Lansford, Chairman of the Personnel Team
- Notie reported that the church has graciously responded to the request for funds to send Brent and Lacey to Israel. So far, $7,100 has come in.
- Brent and Lacey had to postpone their trip because the trip they planned to go on was canceled. They will attempt to go in 2020.
(3 min) Membership Presentations (Pastor Brent)
- Present new members to be affirmed next week.
- Blake and Lauren Abbott, Shelby Hackett, Truby Mackey, Leah Muriel, Danny, and Jenny Sherman Please let us know if you have a concern about any of these folks being members.
- Briefly explain what membership means to the people of Eagle Heights
- Briefly explain the process (Class + Interview + Congregational Affirmation)
- Introduce New Members
- Elder: “Do you commit to helping us glorify God by trusting Jesus and striving to obey all that He commands?” New Members: “We do.”
- Elder: “Do you commit to strive to know and build these new members up in love for God’s glory and your joy?” Church Members: “We do.”
(4 min) Youth Ministry Report (Parker)
- Parker communicated what to expect for the youth ministry moving forward and invited parents to a meeting on Sunday, August 12th at 9:15
(4 min) Ziegler Family Seminary Commissioning (Pastor Brent and Pastor Dan)
- Matthew will explain their plans.
- Their last day with us is August 5th. They will be moving to Kansas City for two years of seminary and hope to return to us with the capability to address counseling needs in our city.
- Pastor Dan will come and pray for them.
(4 min) Elders Update (Pastor Kevin Moore)
- Trustees Update – Per the constitution, the Trustees have not been rotating off every three years. In December, Bob Dixon will rotate off, then Charlie Cooksey the following year and then Terry Bidwell. We will be looking for people to fill the role of trustee as these rotate off.
- Constitution Revision Update – The Elders are currently combing through the constitution to make sure it is clear and helpful for the governance of our faith family. We will be presenting revisions at our next Member’s Meeting in September.
- Membership Material Update and Review- Because of teaching we have done, we are currently updating our membership material and plan on filming a new membership video in the near future.
(4 min) Missionary Commissioning (Pastor Brent and Tyson)
- (Names have been removed for security reasons) will explain their plans.
- They are still fundraising to leave in the next few months to go to the Middle East to do language training in Arabic.
- Pastor Tyson will pray for them
(4 min) Children’s Ministry Update (Pastor Ryan)
- Wacky Water Night on August 8th as outreach with mailers – we are sending out over 2,000 mailers to specific parts of our city.
- Children’s Camp – Children’s camp went very well and we had several professions of faith and one commitment to vocational ministry.
- We need Volunteers as school starts –
- Dearinger’s school supply partnership – we are partnering with Dearinger’s Printing and have contributed to the funds to give rulers with our brand and a message on it to every first grader in Stillwater
- Promotion Sunday is coming up on August 12th and AWANA starts Wednesday the 29th.
(4 min) UPWARD Update (Pastor Brent and Jonathan Harrison)
- Jonathan and Amanda Harrison have decided, after a period of evaluation, to continue UPWARD one more year, but only for Kindergarten through 2nd
(4 min) Preparing for August (Pastor Brent)
- Servant attitudes and Seating and Parking
- Brent asked that we please serve each other and those who will be coming to our church. If anyone has questions about why we do what we do, please come directly to us.
- University Ministry
- Brent explained that we will not be hiring an intern for the Fall Semester, but will run the university ministry through a team approach for the time being. Brent interviewed two candidates but it didn’t work out.
(4 min) Ward Commissioning (Pastor Brent and Pastor Nathan)
- Colton and Lauren will explain their plans.
- Colton and Lauren plan to leave in the next few months to go to the mission field to share the gospel and plant churches. They are still raising funds to be able to go.
- Pastor Nathan will pray for them.
(3 min) Staff Updates: Jason Denney (Pastor Brent)
- Jason Denney will no longer be serving as the part-time minister of international students or core groups. He will be working full-time for Greater Europe Mission. August is his last month serving in this capacity.
(3 min) Ministry and Missions Giving Update
- –Brent reported that missions giving is going very well, but encouraged everyone to continue to give through $18 for ’18. He said summer giving has been slower but overall the budget is strong.
Q&A with Elders if time permits, and Prayer
- Prayer request: Cindy May, mother of Karen Privott who is a former member, unexpectedly died at the age of 56. Praying for the family.
- Prayer request: Two EHBC members are leaving for mission’s training school in Mexico for 10 months. This can be a challenging time of learning and growing.
- Prayer request: Sevi is the four-month-old nephew of Cayton Jones. He has been critically ill with heart and brain issues. Cayton also lost his mother this year to cancer. Please pray for strength for this family and the healing of Sevi.
- We ended with a brief time of prayer.