Eagle Heights Coronavirus Ministry Plan
Dear Faith Family,
I hope you will read this carefully and then determine to be the body of Christ, by building one another up in love.
You have heard it said, “Never waste a good crisis.” And I tell you there is wisdom to be gleaned from that statement. Let me explain. For most of us, this present situation is not one we would choose. It is inconvenient. It has created uncertainty. It has produced fear and anxiety. It all seems surreal. But this is an opportunity for us to see this disruptive moment as something that an all-powerful God can use for good. Here is what we are doing to trust and obey Jesus together as a local church.
- WE ARE ASKING EVERY EAGLE HEIGHTS MEMBER TO HELP US LOVE AND SERVE ONE ANOTHER – Each of you will receive an updated member’s directory by email. If you don’t receive one, please email Mindy at firstname.lastname@example.org and request one. When you receive the membership directory, please contact the person above you and below you in the directory. Try calling first. If that does not work, then please text or email. When you call or text, introduce yourself and explain that you are a member of Eagle Heights Baptist Church and that you are calling to see how they are doing. Then check on them by asking these questions: 1) Ask them how you can pray for them. 2) Ask them what they are currently reading in their Bible. 3) Ask them if there is a way that you can practically serve them. Finally, ask them if they have received the email and the church directory. If they have, then encourage them to do the same for the person below them in the directory. We understand that you may already be doing this for people in your Core Group, 5Group, or CR Group, but this “crisis” is a God-given opportunity for us to build relationships and care for people beyond our groups that already exist. Also, our First Impressions Coordinator, Wendy Ringer, along with others, will be contacting some of you to make sure that we are all doing our part. If you don’t hear from someone by phone, text or email, please let us know. For the good of this body and the glory of Christ, please do your part and reach out to one another. Please try to do this by Saturday of every week until further notice.
- SERVING AND CARING FOR OUR SENIOR ADULTS AND SHUT-INS – Please be aware that our deacons are already working hard at reaching out to our senior adults and shut-ins. If you desire to help the deacons or want to contribute to the benevolence fund, please contact Mindy at email@example.com and she will put you in contact with the deacons.
- DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO NEEDS HELP? – If you need help or know someone that does, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is first and foremost for church members. We will do what we can to help everyone, but just like every other organization, we have limited resources.
- SMALL GROUP RESOURCES FOR ONLINE MEETINGS – To honor our local government leaders and to love our neighbors, we are suggesting that groups use online platforms like Zoom to meet. We know, it’s not what is best; it’s not how we want to get together. But look at the bright side. We are fortunate that we live in a time in which we have access to such mediums and platforms. Whatever you do, make sure your groups are contacting everyone in your group at least once a week to check on each other and pray. Note: Even if you are doing this as a group, we still want everyone to use the Eagle Heights Membership Directory to check on the whole body of Eagle Heights. Here is a link to Zoom: https://zoom.us/ Here is a very brief video tutorial for church groups who want to use zoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKQq96TiGpg&t=&fbclid=IwAR3XsAQxUj9il3TfpjBhrnn-j49EtA7Vyy58QZVuyUAGMhQjy3bU97NYx0g Here is a helpful article on how to lead a small group online: https://factsandtrends.net/2020/03/19/how-to-host-a-small-group-online/
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE – Beginning this Wednesday, Parker will lead a 15-minute devotional at 6:30 pm. We will be using our Eagle Heights Facebook Page to stream this content and we hope that you will take advantage of this to implement and practice family worship. While this is targeted for families and youth, we encourage everyone to participate.
- GIVING TO EAGLE HEIGHTS MINISTRY AND MISSIONS – There are several options for supporting the ministry of Eagle Heights and Missions. 1) You can mail a check to 2617 N. Jardot Rd. 74075 2) You can use online giving: https://eagleheights.com/give 3) Text Giving: If you want to give to the “general ministry fund”, then text “Give” and the amount you want to give to this number: 405.353.9939. If you want to give to the “missions fund”, then you can type “Missions” followed by the amount you want to give to the same number: 405.353.9939.
- ONLINE MEETINGS WITH ELDERS? – The Elders are brainstorming the possibility of designating some times that members can join them for a short time of devotion and prayer using a platform like Zoom. This is still in the works, and we will let you know if this hypothetical plan becomes an option.
- PRAY FOR THE WEEKLY ELDER MEETING – Please pray for the Elders as they meet on Thursday Nights to discuss how to lead and care for our faith family during this time.
A church is a group of people who are committed to following Christ and serving one another in love. Will you join us? Will you be a part of what we are supposed to be and do? Let’s be the church! Let’s be the gospel made visible, demonstrated by our love for one another. Then the world will know that we are disciples of Jesus (John 13:34-35).
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
For God’s Glory Together – Pastor Brent