Honoring Years and Years of Faithful Service
This was how we honored so many at our annual Thanksgiving meal on November 24, 2019.
Opening remarks and reading of Psalm 116:12-19
- First, notice that the Psalmist emphasizes calling upon the name of the Lord (13, 17) in worship (13-14) and thanksgiving (17)
- Second, notice that he does so in the presence of all God’s people (14 and 18).
- So, I want to thank God for our salvation in Jesus.
- But I want to thank God for you all, and I want you to be thankful for each other and what it means to be a church that serves and loves each other for God’s glory through Jesus Christ.
A FEW QUALIFYING THOUGHTS:
- We may have forgotten someone. If we have, please let us know.
- We did not include AWANA in this because Jill already does a good job of recognizing leaders for years served.
- These mentioned are those who have served continuously (making it easier to count).
- If you used to serve, but don’t anymore, we appreciate you. God knows. I trust you will appreciate that others are being honored for their continued faithfulness to build up this local body.
- Charlie Cooksey – from the beginning for 22 years +
- 5 Years – Ben Burnsed
- 15 Years – Charles Cox
- 5 Years – Angie Delahoussaye *, Desiree Burnsed *, Elizabeth Ziegler, Teresa Moss
- 7 Years
- Allison Smith
- 8 Years
- Rhondalyn Richardson, Dawn Schrock
- 9 Years
- Julie Ray
- Lauren Mills *
- Amanda Rasmussen
- Jessica and Jerod Cottom *
- 10 Years
- Stephanie Ochsner *, Ron Delahoussaye *
- 13 Years
- Suzanne Moore, Ben and Erika Brown
- 14 Years
- Carla Nelson
- Christy Shuman *
- Sarah Jones
- Lacey Prentice
- 18 Years
- Jadi and Mike Gibbs *
- 22 Years and still going
- Bobbie and Lonnie Daugherty, Micki Rogers
* denotes they serve every Sunday
CORE GROUP TEACHERS/FACILITATORS
- 5 Years – Lonnie Daugherty and Jon Cunningham
- 8 Years – Kevin Moore
- 10 Years plus – Kevin and Brenda Zacharias and The Rogers
- 5 Years – Kevin Moore and Ryan Smith
- 7 Years – Tyson Ochsner and Kevin Zacharias
- 10 Years – Russ Ingram
- Cayton Jones and Ron Delahoussaye – 7 years
- Curtis Kinsey – 9 years
- David Hatfield – 14 years (David was a part of the group of first deacons)
- Greg Webb – 22 Years and still going
FIRST IMPRESSIONS MINISTRY
- 5 + Years – Dan Newman, Carla Nelson, Mark Schrock, Curtis and Nancy Kinsey, Julie Ray, Kayley Mills, Chris Timmons
- The Nelson Family – 7 years
- Charles Cox and Scott Farrington – 12 years
- 8 Years – Sarah Jones
- 10 Years + – Micki Rogers and Lonnie Daugherty
SINGING WORSHIP MINISTRY
- 5 Years
- Ben Burnsed, Colby Bennett, Dana Duell
- 10 Years
- Ben Ehrlich, Toby Angell
- 15 Years
- Karen Lemley, Julie Farrington, Veronica Heisler
- 7 Years – Bruce and Janet Barringer
- 8 Years – Tonya Ingram
- 6+ Years – Dawn Schrock
- 9 Years – Dana Baker and Bobby Luttrell
- Tammy Ramsey – 10 years
- Mindy Hardy – 15 years
- Ryan Smith – 15 years
Again, I hope we did not forget anyone, but I suspect we did. And I am sure there are many who have served our faith family in untold ways; by giving regularly, serving in temporary positions, etc. As I said before, God knows. But it is always good for us to honor each other in Christ. I am glad there are so many we can honor in our faith family.