Eagle Heights Member’s Meeting Agenda For 09.30.18
As is the custom of the people of Eagle Heights, we will have our quarterly member’s meeting on Sunday, September 30th at 9:15 am in the worship center.
The purpose of these meetings is to:
- celebrate the work of the LORD in our midst
- communicate what is coming up so we can do ministry together
- conduct business when necessary
- answer questions from the members of Eagle Heights and pray for those who are spiritually and physically sick
It is very important that every member of Eagle Heights make every effort to be there. If you can’t be there, please ask someone what was said and done. We always want to do our best to communicate to your faith family and we sincerely want our sisters and brothers to ask questions or express concerns as it relates to our trusting and obeying all that Christ commanded.
Here is the agenda for our time together on September 30th at 9:15 am.
(3 min) Welcome and Prayer (Pastor Brent)
(3 min) Fellowship Room Improvements (Pastor Ryan)
(3 min) Ministry Updates (Pastor Brent)
- Building Up the Church Service Opportunities
- Appreciation to those who serve to build up this local church
- UPWARD reminder – registration has begun
(4 min) Membership Presentations (Pastor Brent)
- Present new members to be affirmed next week (See IG)
Ryleigh Alsop (baptism), Will Branstetter, Mattie Creekbaum, Kenzie Daniel, Grayson Foust, Grant Gage, Jarod Grubbs, Noah Hembree. Parker Lansford, David Long, Colby (baptism) & Erin Martens, William Matthews, Allison Moos, Hannah Naff, Ally North, Michael & Elizabeth (baptism) O’Rear, Cooper Parsons, Garrett Saunders, Cameo Schemenauer (baptism), Klee & Bailey Sellers, Caleb Smith, Dalton Summers, Synnove Talley (baptism), Emily Taylor, Jadan Terrazas, Colby Thompson, Katie Thweatt, Reid Williams (baptism), Jessica White
- Briefly explain what membership means
- Briefly explain the process (Class + Interview + Congregational Affirmation)
(4 min) Presentation of the Updated Church Covenant (Pastor Brent)
(30 min) Presentation, explanation and questions concerning potential revisions to the Eagle Heights Constitution (Pastor Kevin Moore and Pastor Tyson)
- Over the last few years, the Elders have tried to adhere to the Constitution believing that if we are to have a Constitution, we should do our best to adhere to it for the good of our local church.
- However, at times we have found alignment issues with the Elder model we use as is described and prescribed in God’s word. These are not major issues, but issues that need to be corrected nonetheless. As we were addressing these concerns, we decided to work through the Eagle Heights Constitution completely.
- It is also worth noting that in the last ten years, we have voted to amend or revise the constitution twice.
- Once we have presented and discussed the proposed revisions and we have addressed any concerns, we will ask the church to vote (by ballot) on the revisions at a date to be specified.
- Here is a link to see the proposed revisions: https://eagleheights.com/about-us/constitution-revision
Q&A with Elders if time permits – and Prayer