In Their Own Words – Why Our Volunteers Serve In Children’s Ministry
Motivation matters. It is the fuel that drives a person to initially take action, and it is often the single greatest factor for sustaining an action. Some people never begin to serve, and many don’t continue to contribute, because they have never thought about why they do what they do.
Children’s ministry can be very rewarding, but it is not always easy and fun. It’s hard to work to love the little children that Jesus loves so deeply – especially when they are not your own. (And sometimes it is hard to love and serve your own.) Our local church has many volunteers who love and serve children every week, and here’s what our volunteers said when they were asked:”WHY DO YOU SERVE IN CHILDREN’S MINISTRY?” Read and be motivated.
- Seeing kids smile and laugh is a joy and sharing Jesus with them is a blessing.
- I love serving in Children’s Ministry because I get to teach and reach children that are not in my “friend” group. It keeps me young and I love their openness and honesty when talking about Jesus.
- I love serving in children’s ministry because they are the future. They exemplify child-like faith more than anyone I know. Children provide examples of trust, love and eagerness for the gospel. I want to have an impact on children because they are the future hands and feet of Christ.
- From working in the nursery, I’ve enjoyed getting to know my fellow workers and learn baby tips and tricks from them. I also like loving on the babies and giving their parents a little break.
- I serve in Children’s Ministry because I didn’t hear the gospel until I was 17 and I want to make sure kids hear it before then and know the love of Jesus.
- I love babies so I serve in the nursery the 2nd Sunday of every month. God has given me the opportunity to serve. It’s a privilege and honor to serve God in this way. I am thankful and grateful.
- I serve in our children’s ministry because I’ve been blessed by my own kids involvement and I want to give back! (Plus, kids are fun!)
- God called me to work with His children and I love it.
- It is important! It is effective! I get great joy from working with these kids!
- I love to see the kids grow up and then they start to serve in children’s ministry.
- I love children and I believe God lets me take care of these little ones. I enjoy meeting the parents. Without this option, I would just be another member.
- I started as a sub for Ronnie & Stephanie. Now that I am permanently Ronnie’s helper, I enjoy it. I have always loved working with children (former teacher). The Lord has given me a love for them. I look at the K-2nd grade class as “my kids.” I love building relationship with them so I can share Jesus.
- I serve in the nursery to provide love to babies and a time mothers can go and listen to God’s word without concern.
- I serve with children because I know the outcome children’s ministries can bring from my own experience. Also, I just love kids!
- Children are precious and important. Coming to know Jesus at a young age is a gift. I want that for my kids and all kids we serve!
- I serve Eagle Heights children because I am a child-convert (at 6 years old). God saved me at a young age and I want children to know He can save them, too.
- I serve in the children’s ministry for a way to give back to Eagle Heights for all they’ve given me.
- The children always make me laugh and it reminds me of the joy we have in Jesus! J
- I started working in the 2-3 year old room because that’s where there was a need and I was here both services since my husband plays music in church. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know both the kids and their families. There is so much growth between the ages of two and four and I love seeing them grow.
- I love to see the kids learn. I love to see them grow one step closer to knowing Christ. I love to plant tiny seeds in their hearts. I love the kids and I want them to know Him!!
- I get fulfillment in watching and helping transform “rowdy”, unfocused, young minds into those that strive to memorize verses and begin to seek to know God and desire to learn His words.
- I enjoy caring for the kids while their parents learn and worship in the service.
- I love learning alongside the kids and being reminded of the richness of the simple gospel truths. I love being able to disciple them and teach them some of the life-changing things I have learned about following Jesus.
- I enjoy working with babies and serving the parents of small children.
- It is such a joy and honor to have conversations with children about Jesus and share the gospel with them.
- I love getting to love on the little ones that come to our church. I also feel like it is a good way to get to know other church members and to serve the body that I am part of.
- The love that has been poured out on my children in this children’s ministry has been monumental. I serve because I want to pour that love back out to other children. There is no greater joy than watching children come to know Christ. If I can be a small part in helping with that, I will count that a blessing!
We are thankful to all our volunteers who love and serve children.
Thanks to Jill Daugherty (Children’s Director) and Becca White (Sunday Morning Coordinator) for leading our children’s ministry and sharing this with us.