Overwhelmed by Lostness
The Numbers tell a story.
– A people group is a people with its own language and own culture.There are 16,595 people groups in the world according to www.joshuaproject.net– There are 6,864 unreached people groups in the world.
– An unreached people group is a people group among which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians with adequate numbers and resources to evangelize this people group.
– The world population is quickly approaching 7 billion people. An estimated 3.5 billion people have never heard the gospel.
– It takes 9 Southern Baptist Churches to produce 1 missionary.
– There are 5,600 full-time Southern Baptist Missionaries presently overseas. Next year that number is likely to decline to 5,000.
– The average Southern Baptist Member gives only 2.5% to their local church. Only 27% of Southern Baptist Church Members tithe and give sacrificially.
– Matthew 24:14 – “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end shall come.”
– “The gospel is only good news if it gets there on time.” Carl F. H. Henry
Will we do anything? Will we pray, give and go – to the remotest parts of the earth (Acts 1:8)?